|The following charges, treatments, surgeries, medications, conditions and circumstances are excluded:
1. Pre-existing Conditions – Charges resulting directly or indirectly from any Pre-existing Condition are excluded from this insurance. US citizens who have purchased a coverage period of at least 3 months and are under age 70 are covered for Medical and Emergency Medical Evacuation charges resulting from an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition, up to the limit set forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits. A Pre-existing Condition is any Illness, Injury or medical condition or chronic or recurring Illness or Injury or medical condition, including any associated complications or consequences, which existed at or during the 2 years immediately preceding the member’s Effective date . An Acute Onset is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence of a Pre-existing Condition, which occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the form of Physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence.
2. Treatment for or related to any congenital condition.
3. Routine pre-natal care, childbirth, care of newborns, post-natal care, birth control, artificial insemination, infertility, impotency or sexual dysfunction, sterilization or reversal thereof.
4. False labor, edema, prolonged labor, prescribed rest during the period of Pregnancy, morning sickness and conditions of comparable severity associated with management of a difficult Pregnancy, and not constituting a medically distinct Complication of Pregnancy, and all charges related to Pregnancy after the 26th week of Pregnancy.
5. Mental Health Disorders or Substance Abuse.
6. Charges which are not incurred during the Certificate Period or the applicable Benefit Period, and charges which are not presented to Underwriters for payment within 60 days from the end of the Certificate Period or the applicable Benefit Period.
7. Charges for use of Emergency Room for treatment of Illness unless the patient is directly admitted to the Hospital as Inpatient for further treatment of that Illness.
8. Not Medically Necessary and administered or ordered by a Physician.
9. Provided at no cost, by a family member, or by a person who ordinarily resides with you, or which are attributable to or recoverable from any other party including government sponsored plans.
10. Charges which exceed Usual, Reasonable and Customary.
11. Investigational, Experimental or for Research purposes.
12. While confined primarily to receive Custodial Care, Educational or Rehabilitative care.
13. Venereal Disease, AIDS or ARC.
14. Treatment by a Chiropractor.
15. Diseases of the skin.
16. Dental treatment, including treatment of the temporomandibular joint, except for Emergency Dental treatment necessary to replace sound natural teeth lost or damaged in an Accident covered hereunder or for the relief of acute, spontaneous and unexpected onset of pain.
17. Eyeglasses, vision exams, contact lenses, hearing tests, hearing aids, hearing implants, eye refraction, visual therapy, orthoptics or visual eye training or eye surgery (including cataract surgery and radial keratotomy) or for any examination or fitting related to these devices or procedures.
18. Injury sustained while taking part in the following activities: Amateur or professional sports or athletics, except this does not include Amateur sports or athletics which are non-contact and undertaken solely for leisure, recreational, entertainment or fitness purposes unless such sports or athletics are otherwise excluded by this provision. The following are excluded: Mountaineering where ropes or guides are normally used or at elevations of 4,500 meters or higher. Aviation, except when traveling solely as a passenger in a commercial aircraft. Hang gliding, sky diving, parachuting or bungee jumping; Snow skiing or snowboarding, except for recreational downhill and/or cross-country snow skiing or snowboarding (no cover provided whilst skiing away from prepared and marked in-bound territories and/or against the advice of the local ski school or local authoritative body); Racing by any animal or motorized vehicle; spelunking; subaqua pursuits involving underwater breathing apparatus unless NAUI/PADI certified, accompanied by a certified instructor, and at depths of less than 10 meters; jet skiing; and any other sport or athletic activity which is undertaken for thrill seeking and exposes you to abnormal or extreme risk of injury.
19. Injury sustained while under the influence of or due wholly or partly to the effects of intoxicating liquor or drugs other than drugs taken in accordance with treatment prescribed and directed by a Physician but not for the treatment of Substance Abuse.
20. Willfully self-inflicted Injury or Illness and immunizations and Routine Physical Exams.
21. The Deductible, Coinsurance and charges which are not included as Eligible Expenses as described in the Master Policy, and charges which exceed the limits set forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits.
22. Treatment required as a result of complications or consequences of a treatment or condition not covered hereunder.
23. Charges for travel or accommodations, except as provided for in the Local Ambulance, Emergency Medical Evacuation, Repatriation of Remains, Emergency Reunion and Trip Interruption sections of this insurance.
24. Treatment incurred as a result of exposure to non-medical nuclear radiation and/or radioactive material(s).
25. Organ or tissue transplants or related services.
26. Acts of Terrorism, except as provided for herein, war, insurrection, riot or any variation thereof.
This is a summary of exclusions. For more details, or for a complete copy of the Master Policy, contact MultiNational Underwriters, Inc